Saturday, July 01, 2006

Soccer Genius

Comments attributed to the Australian World Cup Socceroos...

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7."
Tim Cahill

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league."
Mark Viduka.

"Guus Hiddink is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had."
Lucas Neill.

"If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day."
John Aloisi.

"I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable."
Ned Zelic.

"I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well."
Mark Schwarzer.

"I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona."
Vince Grella.

"You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked out."
Harry Kewell.

"I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier."
Mile Sterjovski.

"Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesborough."
Mark Viduka.

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."
Craig Moore.

"I took a whack on my left ankle but something told me it was my right."
Harry Kewell.

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."
Vince Grella.

"Germany is a very difficult team to play... they have 11 internationals out there."
Zeljko Kalac.

"I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock."
Jason Culina.

"The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukrainians will be more European."
Scott Chipperfield.

"All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed."
Marco Bresciano.

"One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best."
Craig Moore.

"I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd."
Mark Viduka.

"Sometimes in football you have to score goals."
Harry Kewell